"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday 4 August 2009

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing....

Making a tyre swing with Daddy.

Idea taken from The boy in striped Pyjamas film.After seeing a trailer Milly asked to watch this.She decided not to watch the whole film but loved the swing he had , so her and Alan set about using one of the old tyres we had used in the veg patch last year.

Photo's by Emily.






After putting a wooden frame inside,Al then drilled through and threaded strong rope through the tire and wood.Milly added a nice comfy cushion to pad it out and off she went.


Took this one this morning,I love the dreamy look on her face while she twiddles with her toe:-)

2 comments:

Shirl said...

What a cool swing!

Seeing the paper dolls in the previous post took me back. D used to spend hours playing with paper dolls, she had a huge collection: wow, only seems like yesterday.

Time just whizzes past much too quickly!

Shirl x

Claire said...

I hope she gets as much pleasure from her swing as H does. Craig put up a tree swing with a spare piece of decking wood we had lying around. It cost us nothing really but it has given hours and hours of pleasure.