"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 21 August 2011

Days full of joy!

We have had a bit of a sleepover fest recently.
 Last weekend we had another wonderful stay with friends over in the Northeast. A two night sleepover became three and included a very tasty Sunday roast dinner together. Emily and I travelled home on the Monday in good weather and in good spirits. We are really enjoying our journey's together. So glad I have stepped out of my comfort zone to travel further afield. It is working well, so long as I have plenty of rest time after the journey. Another big leap out of the comfort zone when I take us to Blackpool to join the same friends for a Caravan holiday there next month :-)

Back home and a couple of days just taking things easy. Being at home in PJ's til late - visiting the pool for a swim, reading by the pool for Milly and a guided meditation on my phone for me - spending time chatting together in the sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. Some impromptu shopping after a visit to the library to buy Milly some funky boots with a small heel. Friday and a planned sleepover with Amy at ours. The girls called on another friend in the village and all came back here to hang out, which then obviously led to an invite for her to join them for the night ;-))
After a while Alan and I retired to the living room and watched a film - whilst they did what they do on a sleepover ;-)) Didn't hear much from them really. I left them at 12.15 and got in a bath and didn't hear a peep out of them. They got to sleep around 3ish apparently.....

I woke at 9.30 feeling very groggy after an obviously deep sleep and as I looked at the clock I noticed a cup of tea on the beside table. I was racking my brains to remember having brought a cup up to bed with me, I thought my problems with memory loss had taken another turn!
 I went down to get the breakfast ready for the girls and they were already eating. Alan had got up and walked Beauty then got back and brought me a cuppa in bed - apparently I did acknowledge that but obviously fell back to sleep! He then made porridge for the girls. They had enjoyed it but Milly said she had been hoping I would make pancakes. I said I would make eggy bread which they were very happy about and all had a mammoth potion of that as well!

The table had been moved and the dining room had become a bedroom - this always works best on a weekend when Alan isn't at work and getting up at 6 - they don't disturb us and can giggle to their hearts content.




The sun room was a Bratz and Monster high world with little set ups all over the room....


After a leisurely morning, I took them into town and they headed off to shop for sweets and stuff and I went to get some food shopping. We made plans to meet at the park. When I met them they had arranged to meet Millie ( older teenage friend ) after she had finished work at the Toy shop in town. That was fine - however it meant hanging around in town. I only had two pound coins in change and that wasn't enough to pay for parking for the three hours I needed to be there for. I had seen the parking attendant around so wasn't keen to chance getting a parking fine. As I decided what to do they got thier gear together and Milly got changed. Amy offered me a boiled sweet ( they had been to the Old sweet shop in town ) I accepted it and as I popped it in my mouth they were keen to know if I liked it. Hmmm, alarm bells rang - what had they done with it? Nothing - honestly, came the reply!
They headed off to the river and I sat in the car and killed time til I could put 2 hours on the parking which would give us just enough time to see Millie when she finished. Then I headed down to the river to see them.



I expected to find them swimming but apparently it was cold and the current was fast so they hadn't been in long. They were all keen to know if I had enjoyed the sweet and what it had tasted like. I said it was like an aniseed ball I remembered from my youth. The looks on their faces told me they had done something with it. Through thier laughter they told me it was a Mcfarty fart sweet!!!! They had been given them for free from the lady in the sweet shop and Milly and Emma had tried them and spat them out but Amy had kept hers and Emma and Amy though it would be a hoot to try it out on me!!



I sat on the bench admiring the view for a while. Cockermouth castle was just the other side.


A turret of Jennings brewery was in view looking the other way.


I saw the girls coming towards me and knew that there wasn't going to be much more swimming and I was very aware that we had two hours to fill in!!


That's when the madness began!






Filling in time til Millie finished work.
What a giggle we had ;-)
It got cooler and a decision was made to go and sit in the car for a while. I joked that if the sweet began to work it's magic I would lock them in with me and not open the windows ;-))

Good times were had on this here bench. Of course it had to be photographed for posterity!!


More hilarity in the confines of the car!! Oh so giddy...
I got a serious crick in my neck trying to photograph them all :-)





They are crazy chicks but such good company!
Finally they went onto the park and left me in peace :-)




I watched them from the car and eventually Millie finished work and came to spend a while with them. Plans in the pipeline for a sleepover in Oct with all of them together at our house.....

Back home to ours via Aldi for the last of my shopping and a pack of pringle like crisps for them to share.They hung out for another hour or so and then the two girls went home. We ate and shortly after 7.30 Milly was tucked up in bed. She came back down at about 10.30. She had been asleep but she said she wasn't tired and didn't want to go back to sleep. She was very emotional and obviously very tired. I said I would lie with her til she nodded off but she asked me to read to her. I went up with her and within a couple of pages she had turned over and snuggled down to sleep :-)

I love to record days like this.
A good day - full of joy :-)

Another sleepover tonight when most gorgeous Nephew comes for a film night. No film organised yet but there is always film 4 OD or Love film Watch now. We do however have crisps, prawn crackers, and three different flavours of chocolate. We might even melt some with cream to dip strawberries in, Mmmmm.

Oh, by the way... The Mcfarty sweet didn't quite have the desired wind effect, but I have had an almighty sore tummy today !


No comments: