"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday 16 February 2009

Tree of happiness award.



Very kindly awarded to me by Laura
I am to write about 6 things that make me happy.....

1.My darling daughter Emily.For so many years I didn't understand what happiness was,it was elusive,always seeming to be just around the corner out of reach.Emily coming into our lives meant that I turned that corner and have walked slap bang into happiness.She came to show me the way and her birth set up a chain of events, some of which have been extrememly difficult. I have had to work through a lot of baggage but it has been soooooo worth it to get to where I am today and I know this isn't the end of the line I have more happiness to come.It is within me,I no longer have to look to other people or material things for it.

2.My wonderful,patient,loving husband who has been on this journey with me and stayed onboard even though he hadn't bought a ticket for a roller coaster ride;-))

3.A walk on the beach whatever the weather.When I had to give up work due to ill health I moved nearer to my family and Alan had to stay in Liverpool until he got a job here.I lived in a small cottage with no heating and very basic ameneties.I had our lovely dog Ben who gave me an incentive to get up in the morning and to get out and walk him.Three times a day we took the ten minute walk to a wonderful beach.I would spend ages sitting on the dunes gazing out to sea whilst Ben searched for the balls I threw into the long grass.I look back at these times as some of my happiest memories even though it was a difficult time in my life.To me the sea has healing powers.

4.A long soak in a hot bath with essential oils in and a good book to read.

5.A cup of tea and quiet morning blog browsing:-)

6.The wonderful people that have come into my life over the last 5 years.Some have been people we began seeing in their professional capacity who have since become friends, some have been real life people who have come into my life just when I needed a friend.Some have been online people I have never met, who have reached out to connect and I can't thank you all enough. It has helped so much having this place to come and work through thoughts and feelings and just to share what we are doing and to have some feedack and support makes it even better.xx

Passing this on to 6 more.I am not tagging you on your blogs, but if you happen to pop in here and feel like having a go please do,and take yourself a Tree of Happiness award too.xx

Colleen

Shyler


Gill

Claire

Hannah

Clare

8 comments:

Carlotta said...

Totally identify with all 6 points. Think you've said it all really!

Lynn said...

Hi Carlotta,
I liked doing this as it enabled me to really think about happiness and through that process I saw even more clearly how I am the master of my own happiness.

By the way this will sound pretty lame but I have read your blog and got so much out of it for years now but have always been too shy to comment!!! Thanks for breaking the ice....

Grit said...

that is lovely. when i have more time to think, i might pinch this idea and have a go at it too!

Shirl said...

Lynn, a beautiful and poignant post. Thanks so much for sharing.

Colleen Paeff said...

That was a beautiful list. It made me just a little bit teary, actually.:) I'm also fond of hot baths with good books, walks on the beach, and early morning blog browsing with tea!

Hannah said...

Sorry I'm coming late to this. Lovely list - thanks for including me! Happy belated birthday to Emily :o)

Lynn said...

Hi everyone and thanks.
I put off doing this for a while as I couldn't think of anything to say,then as I sat here one night the time was right and it all just came out.
Funny how that happens;-)xx

Claire said...

Thank you for sharing and including me :-)