"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 8 January 2009

Making our minds up!!!

I have a really awful cold/cough and the last two days have been, by necessity, very relaxed!!We had planned to go to Tullie House Museum in Carlisle on Tues but had to change plans mainly due to how I was feeling but Mum rang and said they had snow over there and it was icy on top so probably wouldn't have gone over anyway.Yesterday was due to be our first Home ed group meeting since before Xmas,but that too was canceled.

As I had some time on my hands today I was able to browse around and went on to Sandra Dodds website and found this(scroll right down to the bottom of the page) on Peaceful parenting.I have often come across the link but never had the time to play it ,one page leads to so many others you can get lost in there and hours can go past as you get led from article to another.I enjoyed listening while I was transferring info from a very old and falling apart telephone/address book into a lovely new one I got for Christmas.

Heard news today of an unschooling 1 day conference in London in July.Dayna Martin is to be a guest speaker.It is something I might consider going to .Emily is keen to go to London and we could fit in a sightseeing tour.I will need to find out more about it first before making any decisions.It depends on finances as well,our car is likely to need replacing soon and Alan has decided to get a small runaround and sell his scooter so we have to find the cash for those:-( There is always something isn't there!!

It has actually been really nice to be having conversations with Emily planning places we would like to visit, as she is usually happier staying home.We have talked about a visit to Yorkshire.We are thinking of going to stay with my Aunt one night and then stay over in the nursing home my Nana is in for one night,apparently they have a little room we can stay in,just have to check if three of us can fit in!! We hope to visit York and relive a few memories,I lived in York for some time when I was about 6 and Alan and I had our first weekend away there.It was the weekend Aldaniti won the grand National and Bucks Fizz won the Eurovision.Just on the spur of the moment as we passed a betting shop Alan suggested putting some money on The National.That morning my stars had mentioned a certain number being lucky for me(so long ago I have now forgotten) so I picked out that Horse and put 50p on big spender that I am:-) Aldaniti bought us a couple of rounds that night!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

stay with us!

Lynn said...

You are so kind!! If we do decide the conference is worth going to I will get back to you.Or maybe we should just come down and see you anyway?xx