"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Friday 15 February 2008

Sleepover and uninvited guests!!

Part one of birhtday celebrations completed.
Sleepover went off very well.Three girlies had a great time,lots of chocolate, lots of chat, lots of giggles, lots of secret whispers,not a lot of sleep!!!!

They ate tea whilst watching a DVD.Meanwhile Alan and I turned the dining room into a disco with a disco light and a string of heart lights to go with the heart theme, heart confetti, sweets and chocs and U tube for a chioce of songs. They were very excited. They weren't keen on me joining them to dance can't think why!!! They did ask me in to join them at one stage to put on the glitter tatoos I had bought for them.Then they were up and down stairs all evening alternating between Milly's room where the beds were and the dining room.We had intended to do some games if things faltered at all but they happily chatted and danced so we left them to it.

Into bed for 10.45...popped in to ask them to keep the noise down at 12.00...I fell asleep around 1.00 when I hadn't heard them for a while....Al prodded me awake at 2.15 to tell me they were still awake and giggling,I went through and got them settled, they had been telling ghost stories, I turned the lights off and went back to bed.I heard them moving around shortly after and then things went quiet so I dozed off again.They woke at 8.15 and I found out they had all slept together on the two mattresses on the floor and had been awake until 3.30 listening to the sounds of the house and imagining ghosts.....

They all played and chatted until the two girls were picked up by their mums at around 11.00 am.The house looked like a bomb had hit, I had managed to get some of it put straight but had intended to have a quiet afternoon watching a film with Emily.As we sat down to lunch one of the girls mum rang to say that she had just got back from the doctors, A had had a rash and they had assumed it was excema but it was in fact Scabies.A nasty infectious little mite.....
So a massive washing session of all the bedding, quilts will go to be cleaned and Emily was bathed and hair washed with Tea tree oil and Lavender oil in the water.It is possible she will not get it but we will have to wait and see.So the afternoon flew by in a flurry of activity and searching on line for natural treatments, then A was back to play and have tea on the usual Friday get together. They have been quite remarkable throughout the day considering the late night and have been in good spirits. Emily is having to sleep with me in our bed as all the other beds had been used last night and Al is sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room.Apparently the mites die after 48 hours off a host so we will be safe to use the mattress's after that.The schools and nusery's this family go to are having real problems with reinfestation of nits and obviously now scabies.These things can't be helped and we will just have to take the precautions and hope for the best.My other friend whose daughter was here last night was of the same mind and when I told her was very calm about it.Nothing much we can do to change things now.

So a party that ended up with more guests than were initially invited but a good one non the less.Part two tomorrow when the family come round for a meal.Maybe lot's of air kissing and not too many hugs just in case!!!!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Sound like a fun and tiring night. Minus the scabies. Hope they stay clear of you guys!

piscesgrrl said...

I suppose it's not funny, but mites are an interesting party favor! LOL Glad the party was fun - the disco idea is wonderful!

Lynn said...

Stacie,
it was fun and it was tiring but it is only once in a blue moon that we do this.
Picesgrrl,
what a hoot, party favours LOL....