"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 24 February 2008

blah blah blah

A slow start to the day although I was up at 6.30.

Around 9.30 Emily phoned her friend in the village to see if she could come round and play for a while and we got two for the price of one as her younger sister came as well.
After they had gone we had a quick lunch and headed off to go to the kennels where Beauty will be staying whilst we are on Holiday and to exchange a dancing Barbie that Emily had spent some of her birthday money on yesterday. It was supposed to dance with her but didn't!!!

The kennels were fine and the staff are knowledgeable,so Beauty and Socks (cat) will be well looked after whilst we are away. Just got to arrange a Rabbit sitter now!!!
The barbie was exchanged for two Bratz and Milly played happily with them when we got home whilst I made tea and Al walked Beauty.

Emily has had a bad cough for some time now.On Thursday the doctor prescribed antibiotics for a suspected chest infection but we are trying Homeopathic remedies first as we usually have success and don't need to use the antibiotics.However she is under the weather and tired but is in hyper mode rather than quiet and subdued.She can't sit still and is loud and silly.I have found it difficult this evening and we have had a few words......

I finished reading Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn and I like the ideas in it, have not been able to put them into practice yet and will probably need to re read it, he does say it is not possible to change overnight and that awareness is a good start.I am aware that today I have not parented unconditionally and hope I have what it takes to do so in the future!!!!!

My little darling has just been in to say good night,she read a little of this post and has titled it for me, out of the mouths of babes!!!!!

No comments: