"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 17 February 2008

Pirates, Party's, Pet behaviour.


I have been trying for far too long to get a picture of a pirate(first choice was Johnny Depp) on here and this is all I can come up with!!! It should wave about but at this point doesn't seem to be,maybe when I publish post? If you are at all interested you could try clicking on it if it isn't moving.....

The reason for requiring a pirate picture?
It was Milly's party at a local pirate attraction.It all went off really well.When we got there Milly was dressed up in a pirate outfit and the other children got eye patches and a gold hoop earring, the venue provided two staff to take them on a treasure trail around the exhibition which is all about the Rum trade,slaves and pirate ghosts,then on to the vault for food and games and dancing.We all followed on and then chatted whilst the children enjoyed the party.I took the camera but true to form forgot to actually take it out of my bag.....

I was pretty glad I didn't have to do anything today,I was shattered.We had a lovely family get together yesterday, We started the preperations on Friday by making a huge pan of bolognese sauce which after a couple of hours cooking really slowly was thick and delicious, and we spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up the aftermath of the sleepover and ensuring we had enough chairs, knives, forks, etc for twelve people, I always tend to leave this till the last minute but luckily my sister just lives in the next village so can help out if we are stuck.We used to regularly host party's with lot's of folk and lot's of children, I do love to feed people but somehow over the last couple of years we have got out of the habit.The food was a success and we had a good laugh and Milly was very lucky and got some lovely presents and lots of money, some of which we are going to try and get into her building society account. Emily finds saving a hard concept to get her head around, she is very much a live for today kind of girl and money burns a hole in her pocket, although to be fair she had saved £50.00 from her christmas presents and put it towards the DS lite and games we bought her for her birthday, so maybe a new trend in money management!!!!The guests had all gone by 7.30 and Milly and I took the opportunity to have an early night.

Alan and Emily have gone up to bed and I was just going to do a quick post but got sidetracked by the pirate photo. It is freezing now so the heating must of knocked off.I will venture out with Beauty for her last toilet break and then hit the sack. Just a note on Beauty, Alan has been letting her off the lead over the last week or so and I don't want to jinx things but it seems she may have turned a corner and she has been coming back when called(not from the corner she turned you understand!!) and although she has been interested in the dogs she could see in the distance in the park she didn't run off after them.She has also gone past most dogs without lunging and barking so we feel all our hard work is paying off!!! Fingers, legs, toes, everything crossed!!!!

No comments: