"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday 3 February 2009

A brainwave,cookies and twins to play.

I was up before Emily this morning and managed to catch up in blogland and also hoover around and get a few jobs done before she came down.While she had breakfast she caught up on a few of her programmes on BBCi.I was in and out sorting laundry and sat and had a cuppa and watched with her for a while.

I like to have incense burning and as I took the last one out of the tube this morning I had a brain wave and found a solution to Emily's request for an Amber Spyglass/telescope.



Stage one was to cut out the bottom of the tube.



I then went out and sprayed it gold, I had to get inventive with sticks while it dried ;-)



I plaited some wool for the strap.Without the aid of a volunteer I had to improvise and use a heavy book.




After some discussion as to how she would wear it we decided a little bag would come in handy, so as I was making tea and looking after three children (more of that later) I sewed a felt tube for it to go in.I am not what I would call a crafty person,I aspire to be but the truth is I just about scrape by,so don't look too closely at the stitching;-))




I will have to put a picture on tomorrow as she has taken it off to bed before I had a chance to take a photo!!


After Emily had finished watching her programmes and while the tube dried we decided to do a little cooking helped along by very loud music from



and of course



This led to much twirling and singing:-)





Oh and some energetic sieving action...



After all this I really needed a lie down, but we couldn't fade now, we still had to prepare for two five year olds coming.My friend had asked us to pick up her twins from school.They are great kids really lively and they adore Emily .We needed to make sure we had enough going on to entertain them,and I had tea to prep and the shopping had arrived so I had to put that away.

We picked up two very excited kiddies and came home.There were so many things for them to explore they didn't quite know where to start!! When Al got home we all went out on a walk and poor old Beauty was hyper with two high energy people at just the right height for licking:-) We had to keep her on the lead as I was concerned she would find it impossible not to dive on them and they weren't that keen to be licked!!

Back home for a bit of TV and then Emily who was feeling unwell and had a very sore wobbly molar decided they could be her nurses and they all went up into our room.Tickle fights ensued and they were just starting to get a bit over the top when Mum arrived to pick them up.It was a great afternoon and as soon as we had had our tea Emily wanted to go in a bath while Alan read New Moon the second book in the Twilight series.They are both fast asleep and after this I am going to have along soak and read my book.

No comments: