"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Walk and talk.....

We had plans to meet friends for a walk in the forest today. Milly had started with a very sore throat and headache yesterday and when I woke this morning I wasn't sure she would be up to going. I woke her as late as I could leaving her enough time to *come round*. She likes to have time before we leave the house - she really hates being rushed in a morning.
Can't say I enjoy it either:-)
I woke her and lay with her to read the book we have on the go. We decided we should give it a go and if she felt unwell we could just come home.

We haven't seen these friends for quite a long time ( far to long!) and were excited to meet up :-)

Whinlatter Forest has had a bit of a makeover and has a fabulous range of new play equipment.

We walked and talked and played and their very lovely and bouncy Labradoodle made himself known by launching himself on us at various points round the walk :-))

The weather stayed dry and we made our way around some of the paths through the forest before heading to the cafe for a sandwich. Then more walking and we reluctantly said goodbye with plans to get together again soon :-)

Home to make tea - lemon and thyme oven roasted veg and potatoes, chicken thighs in a garlic gravy, and steamed cabbage and broccoli. 

A quiet evening ahead - Milly and Alan are watching a Buffy episode together. Next on my agenda - a long hot bath and a meditation I found online.....  

No comments: