"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Friday 26 August 2011

Home days.....

After all the fun and games of the past week it was time to recoup:-)

We had a couple of home days and have spent them very quietly. Milly has been in Buffy heaven... A friends son has lent her the full series on Video. So her days/nights have involved lots of vampire slaying ;-))

I have been sleeping quite soundly but waking early . A little frustrating as I am so tired but I have spent my mornings ( whilst Milly snoozes on ) in my nightie. I have been watching morning TV - not something I normally do - but I have been eating breakfast and browsing for a while as well. I have got around to doing little jobs that have needed doing for ages but have been put on the back burner for one reason or another. The stainless steel cooker hood and back splash have been cleaned and oiled, the glass doors in the hall have been cleared of finger prints, paw prints and other unidentified smears;-) Meals have been prepped in the morning ready for tea. The usual jobs like washing and dusting have been slotted in, a bit at a time. No urgency to get things done - just pottering - with plenty of time to rest up. Book reading, long baths and meditation.

When my Nana died I was given a sewing chest of hers filled with knitting needles, crochet hooks, and all manner of embroidery kit. Many memories stirred for me of summer holidays spent crafting with her :-) My Mum has started knitting again and we took her the selection of needles. Milly asked to attempt knitting again and I kept a pair of the thicker needles. Over the last week we have knitted the Monster high girls some blankets and knitted, then sewed and stuffed, cushions for them. It is left out and one or other of us picks it up whenever the urge strikes :-)

I went to the pool on my own after tea tonight - Milly chose to have a walk with Al and watch Buffy rather than join me on this occasion. I swam a little before spending time in the sauna. A cold shower and straight into the jacuzzi for a while before a couple of lengths to cool down again. The hot/cold routine has proved to help me with hot flushes and other symptoms I get because of M.E.

I take my phone in with me and lay on a lounger listening to a guided meditation and tonight  I had time to listen to an eclectic mix of music including, Amy Steinburg, Pink, Micheal Buble and Arctic Monkeys. Two hours flew by - very nice to have that time on my own but I did miss my little playmate :-)

Plans for tomorrow include - amongst other things - fiinshing painting the exterior of the house for Al and Milly and I will be going swimming and shopping. She has been drawing -  creating some lovely new characters and is in need of a new sketch book.  Dr who is back on in the evening so we have a date to watch that together :-)

Sunday is a Dad and Daughter day. Car boot sale, beach walk, lunch out, and then another beach walk have been planned :-)



No comments: