"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 7 November 2010

Sunday and a slideshow...

Must blog about London!!

That is going to take longer than I have at the mo.I have managed to get pictures up on facebook and will endeavour to record it on here this week.

Today was going to be a full day of sorting through a bag of Emily's old clothes to list them on Ebay.Very shortly after waking Milly asked if we could do another set up with her Emily strange figures...

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded one of the Emily the strange audio books for Milly to take on holiday to London.She LOVED the story.When we got home she printed off images and made a collage to hang on her bedroom door .Then she printed off pictures of Emily and laminated them and carried them around with her wrapped in a flannel. We played games with them standing them up and acting out scenes with them. Here are the Emily's and her cats - and the accessories milly has made - stuck on card with blue tac to ensure they don't get bent...


We were playing with them yesterday - I needed to get things ready for our bonfire tea and  mentioned that she could use some card and place the figures on it to make a scene and photograph it to make a comic style book.- I was careful not to do much more than mention the option, as it is often enough to turn her off if I get too involved in the possible outcome. Milly adapted my idea and made a kind of stage set up.That then became a whole afternoon of setting a scene up and photographing it and then making a new blog to record the many pictures on.

Today we started around twelve o'clock.I had mentioned the possibility of doing a slide show yesterday but she wasn't keen - today she said yes when I offered it up again.I suggested I could do a story board to give us a rough idea of where her story was going and to give us a guide to which pictures to use where in the final slide show.Instead of drawing it out - too time consuming for Emily - I wrote it out scene by scene as she set up the action and got the shots :-)

I had taught myself how to do slideshows last year - I spent hours at the computer perfecting them - I still have things to learn but that experience meant things happened quickly today and Milly stayed with it! She did ask me to promise I would stop and just put the pictures on her blog if the process was moving too slowly for her and she asked me to stop....

With changes of scenery and finding props in the Playmobil box we spent a fabulous afternoon together.The final show was finished around 6.00 pm.
Forgive me for any spelling mistakes and there are parts where things move along a little faster than would be ideal but it has been a loooong day:-))

Here for your enjoyment Is Emily's Strange nightmare...
Copy write Emily Bamber Fantasy


No comments: