"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday, 20 February 2012

So, the Birthday sleepover went well... 
 Alan had taken a couple of days off work so the girls were able to sleep in the dining room on mattresses...
 We woke them at 7 ( following Milly's request ) to open presents.
Many more Monsters to add to the growing collection alongside Pushing Daisies series two and a Cd with all the Sherlock Holmes stories on to down load on to her i pod, some brush tip felt pens to add to her collection of pens. She received a lot of money which was promptly spent - over the next couple of days - on more monsters and music downloads.

I struggled to keep my eyes open after the early start but after making breakfast I had a bath and read my book whilst the girls played with the Monster highs and chatted. Then we all got ready to go out.
 Milly's request when discussing Birthday plans had been to go to Silloth to visit a chip shop cafe for  - in Milly's opinion - the best chips ever, visit the amusements and do the walk her and Alan have done in the past which takes them along the beach to Skinburness. Silloth is quite a run down seaside town but for some reason Milly has always enjoyed going. We have made many happy memories there over the years...
We had lunch in the cafe and walked along to the arcade where I gave them both a fiver to use on the machines. It was bitterly cold and as the girls had opted for fashionable wear rather than practical the walk had to wait for another day :-))

Back home and after a breather it was on to preparing the requested meal of Roast chicken for birthday tea :-)

Amy came around to drop off Milly's present and ended up staying the night :-)

We had a relaxing morning before we said goodbye to Amy and then after a late lunch we headed off to meet half way with Liz to hand El back :-)

Saturday was spent relaxing, I stayed in bed the whole day and Alan and Milly went out together for a while but generally chilled out.

Sunday was busy, I had a lot of ebay things to do listing, photographing and packing. Then Milly and I went to the Animal shelter to walk Poppy and Skye:-) Very few dogs in as they have managed to re-home 17 since Christmas! There were a couple of new dogs in, one of whom was very thin and bedraggled but was more than happy to play ball with us. I thought I would get much more attached to the dogs. I am happy to be helping out, walking them, playing with them and giving them some love and I have surprised myself that don't feel the need to take them all home! Milly on the other hand would love to have a houseful :-) We popped in to Asda for a few food items and a cossy for Milly. We are off to Centerparc for a 4 night break next week and she has grown so much her cossie no longer fits.

Today we met up With Liz, El and Catharine at Tullie house. The bridge was closed so we had to go through the millennium subway.

A lovely afternoon finished off with a nasty, windy, rainy, drive home in the dark.
 Luckily the most wonderful husband in the world had warmed up the casserole I made yesterday and cooked new potatoes and carrots so I had a nice hot meal to eat when I got in whilst snuggled on the sofa with my nightie on :-)

No comments: