"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday 26 October 2010

New remedies,new friends and new horizons....

It has been a while since I blogged...

Haven't been on Facebook much either - well,  I haven't posted on there, although I have been keeping up with folk ;-)
Just been feeling....quiet... you know - not had much to say...

I have spent many months having severely debilitating hot flushes day and night and the lack of sleep meant I was surviving on a very low battery.Rezwana, who I see regularly for healing/reflexology/massage suggested flax seed oil as an antidote to the flushes but I kept forgetting to buy it.Last time I saw her she had a bottle ready for me :-) I started taking a teaspoon a day and a couple of days later I received a remedy from my Homeopath.Within a week the flushes had diminished and have gradually receded to a much more bearable level.The combination of massage, oil and homeopathic remedy, seems to have been the key...
I have been sleeping much better, but feel worse - how does that work!!

Anyhow, things have been quiet here, lots of lazy mornings and time spent reading my book whilst lounging in a hot bath.I am not allowing myself to feel guilty,  accepting this is how things are just now...

Luckily Milly and I are in tune and she has been happy to join me in this chill out time and has taken to lying in bed listening to her story tapes.We have busy times, then down-times... The beauty of the life we lead is that we can go with the flow :-) Our one wish is that we can find some way for Alan to join us....

We have had some lovely outings as well.
We met up with online friends for the first time  :-)
 We have had two trips to meet half way at Walby farm park and they have also made the long journey to visit us here.
 Although there are a couple of hours between us, we are willing to find ways to make it work.Milly and the girls spend each night on the phone chatting and playing Club penguin - using the penguins for games of hide and seek online:-)
 We have lots in common and the children get on well, looking forward to getting to know each other more and strengthening the relationship:-)

I have also spent a lot of time planning our trip to London. I think I have put an itinerary together that is tailored for Emily, is adaptable and not too jam packed.We are keen to get a flavour of London and not have to spend an arm and a leg. Time will tell... I will let you know soon enough - we leave on Friday and come back on Monday:-)


1 comment:

Home Remedies said...

Thanks for the information.