"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 30 May 2010

Fashion on a budget...




Milly on her way out to Youth Theatre this morning...
She humoured me when I asked for a photo as she was looking so lovely:-)
I had a  day shopping yesterday and managed to find this skirt in one of the charity shops.She teamed it with leggings for a double tartan look:-)



This is the look that says I was pushing my luck trying for more!


At the same shop I found four skirts for myself!!
The pictures don't do them justice.They are all new or very nearly new and in perfect condition.




The two above have a lot of sparkle detail :-)



Although this looks at first glane quite plain (and in need of ironing!)



It too has sparkle!





 This one is linen and looks sooo much better on than it does on the hanger...


Four pounds each! What a bargain.I am quite tall at five nine and have difficulty getting the right length in previously loved clothing:-) The good thing - aside from the price - is that they are all the perfect length...

I also saw this knee length shirt dress in another charity shop.It's in a nice thin material so will be cool - if we ever get any warm weather- but I can wear a t'shirt or strappy top under if it is cooler... 



I rarely wear heels but fell in love with these.



Cute button detail at the side ;-) Brand new and only seven pounds!
Now I will have to plan an evening out with Al so I can wear them....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow great bargains with the skirts and Milly looks lovely!
Have a lovely bank holidays!
Hugs xx
Pat

Anonymous said...

Great finds!!!!! Love those skirts! And Millie looks very 80's chic! Oh, and I like what you've done with the blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sue said...

Wow milly looks fab :)
Hey, you must have wonderful charity shops where you are as I struggle to find nice things here,Oh n I'm just short of 6 foot so know how you feel lol x

Unknown said...

i LOVE a good bargain, inexpensive yet still lovely. my fave is the pink skirt, not that i'm a pink sorta gal, but love the pattern.
get that night out!

Jacqueline Parks said...

Those skirts are adorable, and I love Milly's outfit!