"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Saturday 1 May 2010

My favourite soup recipe!

I love this soup,it is very low in fat (1 point on the weightwatchers plan), creamy,tasty,satisfying and a big point in it's favour is that it is so simple to make:-)

Squash red pepper and soft cheese soup.
This will make 4 good portions.

1 butternut squash diced and put into a roasting pan with one onion cut into quarters,1 red pepper,seeded and sliced,spray with oil and add a sprinkle of rosemary.Roast for around 35 minutes until you have some colour on the veg.

The original recipe calls for the onions to be softened first in a pan and then add the veg and stock and cook for 20/25 mins,I find roasting the veg gives it a deeper flavour but to save time the hob way still makes a nice soup.

Put it all into a large pan and add 2 pints of stock (I use a chicken stock cube but you could use vegetable).Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes.
Add 100gm low fat soft cheese and blitz with a hand blender.I add some chilli flakes,but this is not essential.
 I like it with Kallo savoury rice cakes and have some houmous and crudites on the side. 





1 comment: