"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 27 June 2010

Ripon trip - part one...

Lots of loving for the animals before taking them to the Kennels...


We set off on Monday morning around 9.30.
We made very good time to our usual pit stop at Camel cafe - or as it is officially known Mainsgill Farm : ) Milkshake was not to Milly's ( my Milly with the y at the end ) taste but Millie ( best friend with ie at the end ) stepped in and polished it off;-) A quick bounce on the trampoline and then onwards and made it to Ripon in time to have lunch before heading out to Knaresborough.The plan was to visit Mother shiptons cave .There was a lovely walk along the river bank...





A play park to keep Milly and I happy ;-)



Information about the Petrifying Well.



Before seeing the objects turned to stone!







Making a wish...







On to the small museum to learn some more about Mother Shipton-oh and of course to check out the gift shop:-)

 

Famous articles that had been petrified....



Magnums to eat and gifts purchased - including a love potion for Emily to use - we went in search of the boats we had seen being rowed along the river.


 

Found them in a fantastically scenic spot.



Off they went...



I sat talking to the owner of the boats and when he was busy I just watched the world go by.What a fab way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: