"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Nothing out of the ordinary....

I woke feeling tired and wanting to curl back up and snoozle...

I was hosting the mediation group here so thought I had better make a move ;-)
Sometimes my friend brings her two boys over, Milly asked me to wake her at nine to ensure she was awake and dressed for them arriving. She was sound asleep and didn't want to get up. I noticed a pile of books on the floor beside her bed - I didn't mention them to Milly but I didn't think they had been there the day before . I sat with her for a while and then went to make her breakfast and vacuum and do a quick tidy round.

The boys didn't come but Milly put the kettle on and we all had a cuppa and a chat before she went off to phone El and swing and chat outside.

We then chatted and chatted some more - it has been ages since we all managed to get together so lots to talk about. We didn't meditate in the end but I do feel refreshed. It is always good to have really positive, lovely people around you - tis good for the soul :-)

Milly came back in and joined us - she says she loves to chat :-) She asked if anybody minded her going on her laptop as she wanted to write her story...During conversation it transpired that she had gone to bed around 12am and had got to sleep but had woken at 2am with a story in her head. She came downstairs to gather all her books on Egyptian gods and goddess's - hence the pile of books on her floor -and once she had done a little research she had managed to get back to sleep about 3am.
That process couldn't wait - for her it was important to get the info and to flesh out the plot there and then. How lucky we are she has the freedom to do that.

When everybody had gone, we snuggled in her bed and I read to her  - it is a book my most wonderful Nephew - the best Nephew in the world -  suggested she might like, by Robert Muchamore. She then said she wanted to nap and to call her in half an hour. Just been up to wake her and she was listening to music - couldn't sleep - now she is outside again.

A walk on the beach was considered - but a quiet afternoon at home is happening instead.
Al will be home soon and then they will probably walk Beauty whilst I make the tea. Nothing exciting planned for the evening - just spending time together. Nothing out of the ordinary - but oh so enjoyable :-)

No comments: