"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Monsters, Migraines and Madness :-)

Monster high passion is still high and tonight we spent ages searching eBay for Barbie dresses. There are outfits for sale for the monsters but they are in short supply - well the styles Milly likes are! She has very definite ideas about what she likes :-) I had a brainwave and started to search for Barbie outfits - with the idea we could buy some and see if they fit or that we could adapt them - and when I found some I thought she would like I called her through which led to us searching for quite some time and morphed into other searches as it usually does :-)

I am going to look for some used Barbie furniture next. She has the beds now that handily turn into a jewelry case and a mirror  but it would be nice to add to them.

Today started early when I woke at 4.00 with a Migraine. I had got some pills from the Dr last night but had left them downstairs and I just couldn't be bothered to get up for them and kept thinking if I could just get back to sleep it would ease off. I knew Alan would have got up for me had I asked but knowing he would be up for work in a couple of hours I didn't want to disturb him.

Needless to say it didn't shift and just got worse. I got up at 7.30 and took a pill and at 9.30 when it hadn't gone I decided I would have to cancel Milly's dental appointment as I knew I wouldn't be able to drive even though it wasn't til later in the day.

I had intended to go back to bed but a plumber ( who was due to call later in the evening ) called to ask if he could call round as he was in the area. It has been so difficult to get anyone out to price up this job that I said yes and had 10 mins to get dressed.

After he left - having given me a cost but not ( in my opinion ) a satisfactory way to do the job -  I spent the rest of the day on the sofa and after having another pill later in the day the Migraine started to lift slightly. Alan came home and together we cooked some oven chips, egg and beans for tea - not exactly gourmet food but with some bread and butter and a cuppa it hit the spot :-)

Alan and Milly have played Dominoes and connect four tonight for ages. Last night we all sat down to play go fish and Alan was in a giddy mood and decided to cheat ( he did it for a laugh ) - on a normal night Milly might have found this funny - I actually did find it amusing when we got to the end of the game and we were left with odd cards ( that shouldn't happen in go fish! ) and he was giggling uncontrollably. However Milly was not at all amused ( tired and emotional at the mo)  and she stormed off saying she was never going to play games again!!
They quickly made up and Alan promised to play like a grown up tonight and stuck to his word :-)

I am still sat here when I really should have gone to bed hours ago - I find the pills make me very agitated and unsettled. Going to go in a bath now and hope that will help me settle.

Nighty night xxx

No comments: