"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday 12 May 2008

Seeing red....

Over the last week we have had a bit of a garden makeover.
Another makeover has involved Emily and her hair colour.She has been talking for ages now about dying her hair red and I got some cheap wash out sachets and kept them in the bathroom but she never wanted to use them when it came to hair washing and they sat there for over two months until last week when she decided it was time to give it a go.



She loves the colour and says she looks like Ginny Weasly now;-))
I am going to get a natural henna dye to do it in future as the sachet we used washes out after three washes,I would much prefer not to be putting all those chemicals on her head, just need to do some research about henna.It will probably turn out to be more of an actual red shade than this is.Milly would like to go black but I will have to work up to that!!Strange that I find red hair easier to go for......

5 comments:

Grit said...

No! No! Not black! I am dreading the teenage years of black bedroom paint, black clothes, black nail varnish, black eyeshadow and black hair!

Michelle said...

I went red with henna and it never washed out but faded to a rather unpleasant orange. Had to grow it out in the end. I was a bit fairer so maybe that's why.

The henna red was gorgeous though. Would do again if it weren't for the unpleasant orange aftereffect.

Lynn said...

Grit,
LOL I know,I have the same feeling.Black is her favourite colour apparently!!xx

Michelle,
thanks for that.I will let her know of the possibility of ending up with orange hair before we go ahead;-)xx

Jax Blunt said...

I've never gone orange with henna - I use the stuff from lush now and it's fab and smells wonderful going on and then each time you wash it for ages. (Still looks like mud though). they have several different shades so you can go red red or slightly more toned.

Lynn said...

Hi Jax,
I have looked at the lush site,is it easy to apply? Emily will appreciate a nice smell.I got a bath thingy from lush as a pressie at xmas and that was just heaven.xx