"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Nursemaid with alternative ointments and positive thinking thrown in!

I was making cottage pie this afternoon when I burnt my fingers very badly! Milly heard me squeal and rushed through from the living room where she had been watching Scrubs.She watched me as I held them under the cold water and when I had dried them off she stroked my hand gently before exclaiming " Wait there, I know just the thing!" She came back down with toothpaste ( she remembered seeing it on the film, Just my luck ) She put a blob on and I rubbed it in ( was a little dubious about it but more than wiling to give it a fair go! ) As I went back to stirring the pan on the stove I was saying " Ow, oh it hurts," and general wimpy comments ;-) She said " Mum that is very negative thinking, say, this is hurting right now but I choose not to focus on it!" I said that and then added for good measure " in five minutes I will feel no pain "
Milly was going out of the kitchen at this point but commented as she went " That's maybe taking it a little far Mum!"  Don't you just love her ;-))
Oh, by the way, the fingers are hardly hurting at all now!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

toothpaste?

fab girl she is. Sorry you burnt yourself though. :-(

Hannah said...

Ha! I love moments like the one you described.

Hope your burns are better now.
I love the banner picture you have at the top of your page :o)