"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday 9 May 2011

So many posts to write - so little time to do it in!!

I have ideas for posts in my head - I especially want to do one about reading - I have just not got round to sitting down and getting the thoughts from my head ( in any coherent way ) onto the blog!

We have been busy and after being so unwell I am taking things easy and making sure I create down time and force myself  to rest.
 I have also cut back on computer use - I limit myself to about 45 minutes on a morning ( whilst eating breakfast ) to browse and visit others. For the rest of the day - if we are in - I pop on for a few moments at a time.Depending on how the evening pans out I may get on again whilst watching TV ( if Milly is not using her laptop ) but by then I am too tired to put a blog post together.

I will get round to recording a post about reading some time soon...

Today started out slowly - plans to go out with friends had to be changed and we had an unexpected day at home. I left Milly snoozing ( catching up on sleep after a highly enjoyable but tiring two day sleepover with friends ) and I did some housework and dealt with a computer problem. A very simple problem if you know what you are doing - as I don't it- took me a while to work through some procedures I knew and then gave in and rang the help desk ;-)) Luckily didn't have to hang on for hours and it was dealt with very quickly...

Milly got up and  - after making food for her, hanging out loads of washing, and tickle fighting - I started to do some baking ( Milly was invited to help but was keen to watch some Glee on DVD ) and managed to make a chocolate fudge cake, ( I replace the butter icing on top with a fudgy concoction made from golden syrup butter and chocolate melted in a pan and then poured over !!) a large pot of chilli ( to be frozen in batches for Milly in the coming weeks ) I add my own tomato sauce that is made with loads of veg and garlic a very tasty way for her to eat more veg...
Once the chocolate cake was out of the oven, I replaced it with some Sweet potato muffins. I usually make a very tasty sweet potato cake but this is the first time I have made muffins - I added ground flax seeds and some ground sunflower and pumkin seeds with the nuts - they came out looking and smelling great - will let you know what they taste like ;-)
Whilst they were baking I put potatoes in for Alan and Milly's tea.

Then a mountain of washing up and a quick coffee whilst they walked Beauty.I started to write this and then carried on in between more doings ;-)

I have played Bratz with Milly and eaten my tea, before Milly assisted me making the buttercream filling and fudge topping for the cake. We then ate some cake ( could be about the easiest and tastiest cake I have ever made ! ) and had a little tea party - with a beautiful delicate little cup and saucer set I bought us for just such an occasion ;-))

Another day nearly done - it is 8.30,  Milly is out on her swing / trampoline talking to friend El on the phone, Al is at Tai chi and I am about to make his lunch for tomorrow before I collapse on the sofa and watch some TV.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

always pop by and read but difficult to comment from the phone. This post has made me hungry! xx