"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 29 March 2012

Home alone...

After the second dose of migraine meds did their job we headed out to meet Maria and Devan. 

A fabulously sunny day meant we were able to lay on the blankets and chat whilst we waited for them. Milly didn't want to go on the park til Devan got there so ... we chatted and cuddled and laughed and cuddled and laughed some more.

Lovely to see Grandad  - Maria's Dad who is known as Grandad to many folk :-) - on his super dooper new mobility scooter and also W one of the children Maria looks after. Milly and Devan had a good run around and went on all the equipment whilst Maria and I stayed with W in the sandy part and chatted. Good to have a catch up and a reminder that we must make time to see each other more often....

Back home and as we drove through the village we saw Amy walking up towards the park. When we got home Milly decided she would head to the park in case she was there. About an hour later they arrived back soaking wet and with Jazz ( another girl from the village )  in tow having had a water fight in the park they asked to carry it on in the garden. I supplied jubbly lollys and off they went. They had been using large plastic drinks bottles to soak each other but I asked Alan to set up the sprinkler on the hose for them :-) 

Although it was sunny it was getting cooler and water play lost its appeal after a while. They walked Jazz back as she had homework to do and then Amy went home for her tea before calling for Milly again and off they went to the park. Milly came home full of a story they are creating together and spent at least half an hour telling me it :-)

Today has been a lovely home day. My Mum and Dad came for lunch and left about 3.00. 
I have broken the habit of a lifetime today and done some ironing!! Alan normally does all the ironing but as he has been so busy with the painting I decided to sort out some of the easier to iron things and reduce the mountain in the spare room . I survived the experience ;-)

Milly flitted about chatting to us and then friends on line whilst playing club penguin. She was supposed to clean the trampoline down ready to try and sell it but somehow managed to fill her time with other things and before we knew it Al was home and they watched a bit of TV - a Glee episode I do believe - whilst I made a green smoothie and then began the two week menu and shopping list.

Amy and Emma called round and the three of them went of to the park for an hour or so. Amy came back to ours so they could work on a story board. 

Alan and Milly had planned to have some time together tonight and go to the beach to walk Beauty and have a chip supper. They now have another member of the team as Amy has gone with them so they can continue  discussing their story :-)

I am loving being home alone:-)
Although I am at home a great deal I am rarely on my own. I have always needed time out on my own so this is not a hardship at all. 

TV and food then perhaps a bath and a book and maybe even a moment or two meditating before Mary Portas on TV later. 
By which time the travellers should be home.  

Friends coming for lunch tomorrow to look forward to :-) 


No comments: