"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday, 17 April 2012

The making of many meals and a good deal of resting:-)

Today began at about 8.30am - for me. Alan was long gone as he leaves for work at 7.00am and the girls were still asleep. I would have stayed in bed but I knew a courier was coming today to pick up a couple of parcels so decided it was best to get up and dressed. 

I tidied round, sat down and got comfy to drink my hot water and lemon thinking I would have a bit of time on my own before the girls woke. I was tired and really felt the need for a bit of time alone before the two giddy kippers came down :-)  Low and behold  - as if on cue - I opened up the laptop and the window cleaner came round the back with his long water brush and began scrubbing at the girls bedroom window!! I was sure they would be woken and would be making their way down very soon. However they didn't and I managed a peaceful hour online and made and drank ( ate? ) my green smoothie. Some really great links on Facebook today and one posted reminded me of my affirmation journal. It was amazing how beneficial in changing my outlook and mood it was to write in my journal and read all the positive quotes form various pages on Facebook. 
  I went upstairs about 10.45 and heard them chatting in Milly's room.

They went out to bounce whilst I made pancakes with choc spread for El and potato waffles and sausages for Milly - the first of many meals with various options for different people... Hoovering and washing up for me and more bouncing for them 

We had arranged to go to the rescue center to walk dogs when Alan got home at 4.00 ( he had needed the car )  but I was very, very tired and - unusually - Milly wasn't really keen to go so we cancelled and they said they were happy to just go out to the park later...
The day has been punctuated by bouncing - hours of bouncing, practicing flips and tricks - and whatever else they did on there but they were outside on the trampoline a lot!  :-) 
I have enjoyed their company when they regularly came in and sat with me in the sun room and I spent as much time as possible doing very little!

Lunch was sausages on brown bread for El and toasted muffins with ham and cheese for Milly ( who loves sausages but not on brown bread or muffins and we had no white bread left ) I had tuna and sweetcorn pasta  ( leftovers already prepared from the fridge ) with lettuce.

More of the same activities in the afternoon. 
They also spent time online whilst I sat and chatted with them. They can talk for England! 
I had wanted to get my vision board together and got some things out to decorate it before I stuck the images I have sourced on but really didn't have the enthusiasm so decided to leave it til later in the week and rested instead - I broke resting briefly to make a juice then went back to resting :-)

When Alan got home I began to make tea and chatted to him. After he had a cuppa he took the girls out to the park and to get some shopping for me and I gave the girls some money to buy some sweets.

I made portas granado from Hugh Fearnly Whitingstalls veg book. It is a tasty South American stew with butternut squash , kidney beans, cannellini beans and uses smoked paprika which I have become slightly addicted to after first using it in this recipe a while ago. Even humble baked beans can be jazzed up with a sprinkle of it and some chilli powder:-)

The stew is for tomorrows tea with plenty left to freeze two portions and have some for Thursday tea as well. We are out tomorrow and it will be lovely to come home and not have to cook. Milly won't want any stew but I have chilli in the freezer for her. 

I had got burgers for alan and the girls for tea as I know El likes them but when I mentioned what the plan was Milly didn't want them. So, as I had some chicken breasts I said I would make her the chicken nuggets she loves ( Easy to do ... dip chunks of chicken into egg then crushed doritos to coat them and cook in oven for about 15 mins at 200 ) when I mentioned them El said she would try them so Alan ended up with the burgers and chips and the girls had the chicken with chips
I didn't have room in the oven whilst their food was cooking -  basically I forgot I have two ovens ( one tends to just get used as a grill ) and when I finally thought of it it was too late to heat it up. So as they were eating I cooked off two chicken breasts in tin foil and peppers roasted with tomato, garlic and basil inside drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. When the chicken had cooled slightly I sliced them and mixed them with sweet chilli sauce. I made a salad with green leaves and added sliced sugar snap peas and red onion and topped with the chicken and peppers and made up the same concoction in a Tupperware for my lunch tomorrow.

As I was cooking I took many opportunities to rest as things cooked and although it sounds a lot it all worked quite seamlessly :-)

More rest tonight as I snuggle on the sofa whilst the girls do what they do :-) 
Ready to spend an exhausting day drinking tea and chatting to Liz tomorrow:-) 

No comments: