"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Cakes, Heifers, Olympic torch and soggy Solstice celebrations.


The week so far..

Monday...
A quiet day at home. I spent time in the morning doing a lot of Ebay wrapping so I could get over to the part time post office within the two hours or so it is in the village hall.  

Hammock time for Milly.
She is creating some wonderful stories after many, many months where she hasn't written one... Some are being recorded on the laptop, some are simply told to us. She has been leaving tasters of some of her stories as her facebook status. Drawing is also back on the agenda and she is spending time drawing the characters she writes about.
The hammock - snuggled under her duvet - is where her stories are formulated.
That night Milly and I watched My Sisters keeper on TV and cried buckets :-( 
We only caught the last hour or so and put it on our love film list to watch again.

Tuesday...
Was my meditation group meet up. 
We didn't meditate as one of the girls -  lol! we are all of an age but I still think of us as girls :-) - had to leave early and it never feels right with one of us missing. We had a good natter and - as is always the case - I came away feeling uplifted. I am so lucky to have this group in my life :-)

Mum had come to look after Milly and they made fairy cakes. We were going to visit a family friend and I had promised to take cake! 
After lunch and a chat with Mum I made a casserole to cook slowly in the oven so I wouldn't have to cook tea when we got in. 

We had a lovely visit with Hazel and caught up as it was a while since we had seen her. An added bonus was that her son had decided to sell his Buffy the Vampire Slayer videos and Alan had given Milly some of his birthday money so she could buy them :-)
She is now the proud owner of the whole Buffy series and the Angel series. Just have to find somewhere to store them - videos take up a lot of space :-)

Wednesday...
The plan today was to go swimming with friends. For various reasons they couldn't make it and it had to be cancelled although we were invited to go along to theirs for afternoon cream tea :-) 

So a slower start to the day for us which was actually welcome. I managed to clear some paperwork and get some jobs done before waking Milly - as requested - at 11.

I also made some Butterfly cakes to take with us.


It was lovely to See Maria, Jamie, Millie and Devan. 
M had had an eventful morning as a herd of young heifers had toppled the fence and came to investigate her garden! They were all milling around the fence -  temporarily repaired to keep them from visiting again ;-)) - and I couldn't resist taking a photo. This one was particularly interested in us ;-) 


After a couple of hours we headed into town. I am getting more used to driving Persephone but still struggle a little with the gears... 
Walked into Sainsbury and Milly spotted Amy and Molly so she abandoned me and went off round with them to do their shopping and we met up again at the tills :-)

Home for tea and then a discussion with Alan about the best way to get into town to see our friends son carry the torch tomorrow. I have an inability to visualise a route unless it is a road I travel regularly - to be honest I can have difficulty even if I do travel it regularly!  I am taking Alex and Milly in to see Kevin run with the torch. He has overcome so much and it will be great to support him. Still not sure where we will be parking or how close we will be able to get. Should be interesting! 

We should get home in time for a breather before setting off again as Milly goes to Drama. There are a number of things on in town tomorrow as The Cockermouth festival falls on the same day as the Olympic torch procession. There are bands and street performers. The plan is for them to perform amongst the crowd with a giant they have made with wood and plastic bottles. They have had little time to prepare as the group leader had a death in the family and only have a 20 minute rehearsal before they go out tomorrow so Milly is a little anxious..
Oh and it is forecast to pour down all day. 
That might just put a damper on the solstice picnic by the river we were hoping to attend.
 Let's hope they are proved wrong.

So yet another town that will be chocka block with the whole main st closed off....
Plenty of opportunity to test my driving and navigational skills :-) 


2 comments:

Lily said...

Ooh, how lucky you are to have that meditation group! I'm envious!

Lynn said...

We started meditating together in a much larger group many, many years ago and when that group leader had a family tragedy a number of us continued and eventually we ended up with four of us meeting in each others homes:-) They are very special and I am very lucky :-))xxx