"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 3 January 2008

A little flurry, big excitement.







It snowed today.... well kind of( you can't really see it on the photo's) ,but it really looked promising at first and Milly could hardly contain herself with lots of plans for snowmen etc. She went out and tried to catch the flakes on her tongue, she is in her nightie it was yet another pj day.Unfortunately it didn't come to much but continued for a while and as Emily and Al took Beauty for a walk (on this occasion she did get dressed but usually she will pull on trousers over her pjs) it was fairly constant but small flakes that soon melted so a little disappointing.It is still really cold so maybe tomorrow. Although thinking about it I hope it can hold off a while we didn't go food shopping today , I would feel happier having a good snowstorm if the food cupboard was stocked.

We have had another quiet day drawing,reading,playing ,chatting,cleaning the fish out, just the usual. We did make some cinder toffee which was really simple but good fun to make and ate it dipped in melted choc with a cuppa after they came in from their walk and later on crumbled in vanilla ice cream after tea mmmmmm.

Milly has taken offence at me putting personal details about her on the blog, even though we discussed it before setting it up, So we had a long chat about things last night and have decided to carry on but with her being able to edit out things she feels are too personal. I was not very happy initially ,but as we chatted I could see that at this time it really bothered her,she is going through a period of change and seems more aware of privacy so I will respect that and try to keep things that bother her out .

We have my nephew sleeping over tonight and have enjoyed a game of pass the pigs which is a simple game of chance involving throwing plastic pigs and scoring on the position they land in but it is so enjoyable(oh and with an educational viewpoint, good for adding up!!)I came bottom of the league and Emily won seems like the luck is with her over the last couple of nights.

We are venturing out tomorrow to go to the local aquarium and have lunch out with my sister and nephew. We have had rather a lot of lovely days at home over the hols and I am going to try and ensure our weeks don't get eaten up over the next few months as having time at home is what Emily really loves, it seems so easy to fill the week in with various activities and general day to day stuff. We have various commitments on certain days but I am going to make at least two days Home days and preferably pj days.It seems right to slow down and snuggle up in the colder months then come out totally ready for long days outside as the weather warms up a bit.Having said that I regularly worry that we don't get out enough, we are both home bods and are more than happy here but when we do go out we have a great time. I think it is about getting a balance,it would be counter productive to have many clubs and activities going on because that is just not Emily and would make her miserable , she is so happy just doing her own thing.
I suppose having CFS I feel guilty that my energy levels are quite low and worry that I am not making enough effort and should encourage her more if we discuss what to do and she says she wants to stay home or changes her mind if we have organised to go out.Lets see what this year brings and I will try not to worry unduly about my illness making my daughter a recluse!!!!

No comments: