"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 29 August 2010

Changing times...

I was up early this morning - a little unusual as I am normally up late with Emily ( Alan is up at 6 for work so needs to be in bed early) and consequently tend to get up later in the mornings - I had breakfast whilst browsing online and then set about cleaning up,hoovering etc.Al got up and after he walked Beauty I realised it was only 9.30!
I thought back to the mornings in the past when we were up with a lively early bird ! Back then by 9.30 it felt like we had put in a full day ;-)
Thoughts of leisurely mornings seemed far away in the distant past.

Over time Milly has begun to stay up later -and recently when she is tired and would normally have taken herself off to bed she is resisting going up and even when she does go up she lays listening to story tapes.There are times she asks for one of us to read and she will go up to bed earlier but then comes back down unable to sleep.

She does not always wake with the same energy and enthusiasm for the day as she did when she was younger:-) No longer do we have the bouncy smiley morning greetings -she needs time to *come round* we start the morning off in her bed -  reading - a nice way to ease into the day!

Whatever changes are going on for her at the moment we are adapting and getting used to a different rhythm.

One benefit has been the time Alan and I have got to spend together on the weekend mornings.He has taken to bringing me a cup of tea in bed after he has walked Beauty and we have a chance to talk and snuggle.
Today he had a lie in and then after his breakfast I  finished the jobs whilst he walked Beauty .We then sat with a cuppa and did a crossword together before I went up to read to Milly.

These are good times and it is nice to be able to have the leisurely start to the day.

Time has passed so quickly.
I think back with great affection to the mornings when she was younger - even the 5 o'clock starts - and I never thought I would be saying that:-))


No comments: