"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Flying literally,flying through time and flying at a theme park:-)

On Saturday we went to Carlisle Airport to see our Nephew take up his birthday gift from the family.A trial flying lesson!!

Tea and a chat in the basic, but quaint cafe for us,my Mum and Dad and his anxious parents.
A great experience and the smile on his face at the end told the story:-) Milly - who has a new found love of speed and adrenalin - would like to have a go....

Back to my Mum's for us all to have lunch and then home
.Milly had had a sleepover at Amy's the night before and had not got to sleep til 4 am.As she had had to get up at 8.45 to get to Carlisle it was no surprise that she dozed off in the car.We got home and she transferred to bed where I woke her a couple of hours later.She had wanted to be awake for Casualty - she loves the programme and hates to miss it - I had said I would record it but she really likes to watch it on the night.

Sunday had a lazy start and then jobs round the house for me whilst Alan worked in the garden and Emily snoozed! After lunch he and Emily went off to the beach for a walk and I got on with some tweaking of a project I am doing. I hope that in the future it will create a modest income - fingers crossed! They returned a couple of hours later - miraculously the sun was still shining - they decided to take the opportunity to head off to their secret place to swim,off they went with a flask of tea and some jam sandwiches.Two hours later they arrived home and we had tea before snuggling down to watch UP.

Monday was a day at home but it was busy - lot's of little niggly jobs and calls to make which all ended up not being as quick a job as it first seemed :-/
A Pj day for Milly, a nice day.She asked me to  read T.S Elliot poems whilst she drew and Granny and Grandad came for lunch. Card games of go fish and Pontoon with Granny and I then a tickle fight and more reading with me.

Emily has been interested in Egypt and especially the gods and goddess's.I sent for



and



but this is the one she chose to read.



We have enjoyed it so much and Ka (the cat) is a big hit.I have ordered two more adventures.





Another new found interest has been making cards with some stamps I purchased from Perkypigs .
We spent a lovely couple of hours a while ago making a card for our little Tasmanian friend :-)
Emily had wanted to make one to take to the sleepover and we spent another couple of hours together - me reading and her making one for Amy and my cousins daughter Emma who is three this week.




We had planned to have a visit from our Homeopath and her son today but the plumbers had to come to dig up the driveway and reroute the water supply pipe so we sadly had to cancel.Hope to see them next week though...

Milly and I have planned to go to the cinema this afternoon to see Toy Story 3 then on to Morrison's for tea and the food shopping.

The rest of the week involves the home ed meet at Crummock water tomorrow and on Friday we have a date to see Millie in her performance with Stagecoach.They are doing Alice in wonderland.
Apart from that the days are free - at the mo:-)

Saturday we travel to Ripon to visit Auntie Chris and attend Emma's family birthday tea:-) On Sunday to feed Emily's passion for speed,we are going to Lightwater Valley, courtesy of Tesco vouchers :-) Milly is beside herself with excitement and is looking forward to showing me all the rides - it seems I have to go on some as well !

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Flying lessons - what an amazing gift!

We have a couple of the time travelling cat books too.