"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Friday 25 March 2011

Acceptance of what is....

Sunshine... again! In my head I have cakes I want to bake, gardening I want to do and a pool I want to visit. After a busy couple of days my body is saying NO!!
Ah well, maybe I should leave the baking til tomorrow and sit in the garden rather than work in it and maybe just maybe, later on I will feel up to the short drive to go to the pool and use the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and lay on a lounger with my book instaed of swimming.


This image is called Acceptance blue butterfly...


"Imagine the whole of your life changing to such an extreme you are unrecognizable at the end of the transformation. Mind you, this change takes place in a short span of about a month too (that’s how long the butterfly life cycle is).
 
Herein lies the deepest symbolic lesson of the butterfly. She asks us to accept the changes in our lives as casually as she does. The butterfly unquestioningly embraces the changes of her environment and her body.

This unwavering acceptance of her metamorphosis is also symbolic of faith. Here the butterfly beckons us to keep our faith as we undergo transitions in our lives. She understands that our toiling, fretting and anger are useless against the turning tides of nature – she asks us to recognize the same."

"Acceptance is a person's agreement to experience a situation, to follow a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) without attempting to change it, protest, or exit."

Negative, wishful thinking will not change how things are for me today. I embrace the chance to take things slowly and relax......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely image and words. Enjoy your day of relaxation even though its not what you planned ... :0)

suzy said...

I love this quote, thank you for sharing it.
At the moment I am having to except a slower pace too.
The butterfly metaphor is beautiful.

Lynn said...

Thanks Shirl and Suzy :-) Having accepted my day was going to be different than I had wanted it to be - it miraculously turned into a very pleasant, if slower paced day :-))