"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Wednesday.

Plans for a walk round Crummock water with friends were changed this morning :-(

Received a text and M wasn't too keen to go as it was freezing and she has been suffering with sinus problems and thought around the lake would just be too cold. I woke Milly and asked her what she wanted to do. She was still keen to go to the lake but also wanted to see our friends... Dilema!
.M's first suggestion of a park and a hot chocolate in town didn't work for Milly.

I explained the reasons why not to M and began a textathon whilst trying to get ready and
Milly breakfasted :-)

I asked Milly if we could come up with some suggestions of things she would like to do and at that point M  texted back with a number of other suggestions, some indoor, some outdoors.
None of them were what Emily wanted to do ( bearing in mind she had just woken and the trip to the lake was still on her 'want to do' radar ) . I stopped myself from steamrollering her into making a decision and allowed  her to work through the options and why they weren't suitable for her... Eventually she thought the Aquarium might be an option but then quickly decided against it saying she really didn't find the aquarium interesting anymore ( been many, many, many, many, times before!! ) and just wasn't in the mood for that today. It was at this point I got a little frustrated. However, I stopped myself and  thought how marvelous it was that she had worked through the options and decided that none worked for her. She had the strength to say no, this from a girl who so often would go along with what others want, rather than rock the boat!
I knew she was willing to compromise as we had discussed that when I talked to her initially, so she wasn't just 'being difficult'.

So we texted back with a couple of other options and in the end we went to visit M and D and went for a walk that involved a walk, muddy fields, and pooh sticks :-) Pooh sticks never loose their appeal both kids enjoyed it as did the two growed ups ;-)

Back home and TV and computer for Milly whilst I cleared some mail and facebooked.

Al got home shortly after us and I headed off to get some shopping before going to the Doctors.
Living with M.E I have a range of symptoms and am used to a certain level of pain or painful areas.
A few new symptom have cropped up lately and some severe pain in areas that have previously not been a problem.So although I believe wholeheartedly in a more holistic approach I thought it sensible to get things checked out.

On the records on the Doctors computer it showed that the last time I had been was late 2008!

As soon as I had finished with my list of ailments and history over the last few months,she made an immediate diagnosis of Fybromyalgia. 
She suggested a low dose anti depressant as a treatment - I declined and she gave me some print outs and I went to have my blood taken ( to check for thyroid function ).
I could do without having to live with this, but, it could have been a much worse diagnosis and as I have lived for many years with a degree of pain and fatigue I am an old hand at knowing how to live with it :-)
So now, steps to take are -  to research it online to see if there are areas of complimentary medicine I haven't looked at or heard of that might help - to carry on with the holistic approach I have been taking with Homeopathy, massage and healing sessions - to make more time in my life to meditate regularly each day. I know in the past when I have made the time and stuck to it it does really help - to continue with the exercise and sauna etc - seems that both are recognised to have a positive impact on the condition.

Back home and as we cooked tea Alan and I talked about it. Milly stood with Al whilst he read out the information sheet the Doctor had given me.Milly went to get some Ice cream from the freezer as we continued to chat.I mentioned the Doctors prescription of anti depressants and that I would continue to follow the Complimentary route, at this point Milly - who I thought was no longer listening - piped up with 'you're very nice, very very nice'  - it took me a while to click! Complimentary, she knew what I meant by complimentary but made a joke to lighten the moment!!  
Funny girl :-) Had me in stitches!
They say laughter is the best medicine.

No comments: