"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Saturday 16 July 2011

Healing happens in mysterious ways!

Whilst visiting friends in Northumberland last week I had the opportunity to spend a day on my own. In the morning I listened to a guided meditation on my phone, I like to listen to Amy Steinburg, Exactly afterwards. I was in a very calm and relaxed state when the next song came on.

I have listened to and enjoyed the song before. I hadn't purposely added it to my phone though, somehow - as I have been downloading the guided meditations onto my phone - other songs from Milly's collection have been added.

It came on and as I listened to the words a floodgate opened and I cried all through the song. I have listened to it since with a similar reaction . It has been cleansing. Somehow a song I never intentionally put on my phone has helped to clear some old *stuff* I didn't even know was still there!

For those of us who have ever felt - or do feel -  less than perfect.



You're so mean
When you talk
About yourself
You are wrong
Change the voices
In your head
Make them like you
Instead

Remember to tell those you love just how perfect they are :-)


No comments: