"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 28 July 2011

Just another day.

I woke to the sound of the phone ringing downstairs. Mum was going to go into B&Q in Carlisle to get some paint for us and left a message to say she was going out and would ring me at ten to see if the paint had arrived on the delivery ( as had been promised by a member of staff yesterday ) I came down to ring B&Q to find out if that was the case.
I spoke to various people and after some calls to and from it was decided they couldn't find six tins of the paint we wanted ( Weathershield by Dulux on offer at 3 tins for 2 ) but could do a different size tin and the price was only £5 different. They would be waiting at the service desk for Mum to pick up with my name on....

Needless to say they weren't :-/ Mum rang me and double checked what it was we wanted and then rang back to say that six tins of the ones we had originally wanted had been found in the warehouse and with the three for two special offer - and a 20% discount voucher they had on promotion - the price was reduced from £149 to £79 !! Great result in the end...

Milly and Amy chatted/lounged/played/watched tv in PJs until Amy left at two thirty.

I had a really bad head and it was raining so the planned trip into town ( I had arranged to take them in before I remembered the car was in the garage!!! )  meant we would have had to go on the bus and the thought of having to hang around in town for two hours - to fill in time waiting for the bus back - did not appeal. Hoping to take them both in tomorrow afternoon.

When Amy left I set about baking. I did two sweet potato cakes, sweet potato muffins, coffee and walnut cake with coffee butter icing, made the tea and did copious amounts of washing up.

Milly drew her fashion designs whilst watching tv in the sunroom. We chatted and she sieved flour for me now and again:-)

Al came home and after a cuppa and cake he walked Beauty down to the  garage in the next village to pick up the car.

Tea for us all and I started to do some paperwork and a shopping list. Al had a shower and arranged to play with Milly afterwards before they went on Education city for a while . Watching Torchwood was in the plans too. I had said I would have an early night.

Milly came through at 7.30 and said she was tired and was going to bed. I asked if she wanted me to read to her - which she did - so off we went. I left her to come and finish some research for our Newcastle trip on Monday.

Milly has just reappeared to watch Torchwood, she couldn't sleep.
I have not managed to get up there yet - but am on my way now :-))

Nothing exciting, just another day in the life of us....

No comments: