"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Sun, sand, sea....Super!

Boy oh boy am I tired!!
  Oh so happily tired :-)

Friends from Northumberland are staying in a caravan nearby.
  On Tues we had arranged to go to their caravan and spend the afternoon with them. Milly was due to spend the night with them. She had been very poorly over the weekend with a cough and cold . She had a high temperature and we had to miss a family get together and also a birthday celebration for a special friend on Monday. 
Luckily, later on the Monday afternoon she perked up and we were able to take D his card and pressie and catch up - it has been far to long since we spent time with them!

A good nights sleep and Milly woke feeling better on the Tuesday - the reality was she would have to have been bedridden to have stopped her going to stay at the beach!

Well, there were many, many hours spent at the beach, clambering around the rocks, swimming and splashing. Eating together and an opportunity for long conversations whilst the children frolicked :-) I then left Milly to have a sleepover.

I had invited everybody here for lunch today. I woke early and was unable to get back to sleep. The sun was pouring through the window. A perfect day to spend time at the beach - and it is not often you get that opportunity..... I texted Liz to see how everybody would feel if I came to them with lunch instead of them having to come to me - that way they could swim again. Everyone was keen on that idea so I took all the makings for lunch and we ate before getting ready to go to Whitehaven.

A wonderful sunny afternoon.... A little shopping, a little walking, investigating around the Beacon museum, coffee, cake, ice creams, cola, wall climbing, a little more walking, missed teatime at Morrisons - weary now and no-one wanting to walk much further. Mcdonalds was closest so off we went. Then park play for some of us, shopping for others. All met up to go back to the caravan and then the plan was I would take El and Milly back with me for a sleepover. They decided to go down to the beach - just to say goodbye to it!
An hour and a half later, two very wet children! Showers and clean clothes then finally at 9.30 the journey home...
Milly was very happy to see Dad :-))

Two very tired girls have gone to bed with books and torches. I doubt Milly will be awake long! El ( a real night owl ) even looked tired :-) I am going up to tuck them in and then I am going to climb into bed myself.
Thinking a lie in is in order tomorrow:-)


No comments: