"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Decs and dedication....


Over the last few days we have spent time together as a family adding a little festive decoration to the sun room ;-)

The Easter tree ( branches from the garden that we had sprayed gold and then - with Amy's help - we decorated with cardboard eggs ) has been gathering dust on top of the bookcase as Milly didn't want to throw it out. We decided to change it to an Xmas edition. I dashed out in between hail showers on Monday to spray it silver - forgot to put paper down so we now have a sparkly step up to the patio!

After Al got back from Tai chi that night we sat down to make baubles and pretty it up :-) Chocolate fudge cake and a cup of tea made the job manageable:-) We had a good laugh and ended up with the above article...

Milly and I made some snowflakes today and whilst she hung out with Amy this evening Alan and I threaded and hung them up.


My friend Liz gets the award for dedicated Mum tonight. El was due to come for a sleepover today and we were due to meet up at a half way point to spend time together before we brought El home with us. However... El had a commitment to a rehearsal for the play she is in and couldn't miss it. We tried all other permutations to see if we could fit it in other days and so on but it just wouldn't work with other commitments. El was really keen to make it.... so amazing Mum Liz is bringing her here after the rehearsal. They should arrive about 11.... Then she is driving back home again.

So Milly and I are sitting watching TV and awaiting their arrival :-)


No comments: