"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Friday 2 December 2011

Friday...

Second Migraine of the week today:-(

I crawled out of bed at 6.30 and got one of the new pills presribed from the Drs last week. That meant the pain soon left but the nausea and fatigue still lingered. I stayed in bed til about 10.00 and then decided I would get up and eat with the hope that would help. I woke Milly before I went down - we have a busy weekend ahead and she wanted to be able to sleep earlier tonight so had asked to be woken earlier.

Porridge drizzled with syrup, a spoonful of greek yogurt, sprinkled with milled flax seeds and a cup of herbal tea helped to make me feel slightly better.

I decided to rest as much as possible but was loathe to go back to bed. I pottered, picking up and tidying bits and peices but mainly watched daytime TV:-) Milly lay in bed. She was awake - we have phones with an intercom and she has one in her room so we chatted on that a few times but she wasn't hungry so she spent her time daydreaming :-) When she came down about 12.00 we wrapped Amy's Christmas present and then I made her eggy bread with beans and bacon. She helped by getting things out for me and declared it the best breakfast/lunch she had had for a while, everything was cooked just right :-)  

The afternoon was spent lounging on the sofa in the sunroom listening to the rain lashing on the windows and writing Christmas cards. Then I decided I would get on with the one task I really needed to do to make tomorrow evening easier..

I am taking Milly and Amy Xmas shopping tomorrow. They have been planning this day for two years!! Last year the snowfall put paid to the trip. They are spending their own money to buy gifts for friends and family :-)  We will get home late afternoon, eat tea and then they get ready to go out with Alan to see Breaking Dawn at the cinema. I had intended to make meatballs in a tomato sauce but Spaghetti bolognese was quicker and easier to put together. It simmered on the stove for 3 hours so it will be a lovely rich sauce. Not only will it make tomorrow easy but I will freeze some and when El comes to stay during the week we have a ready made tea :-)

I always do a weekly menu and create my shopping list from that but this week I decided to do a two week menu and try to do one big shop with top up shopping for fresh foods as and when we need it. We won't be making unnecessary trips ( saving petrol ) we can get it when we are out and about or Alan can get it on his way home from work. I am hoping to do more batch cooking and freeze meals to make things easier and  hopefully cheaper if I can buy larger portions of meats and poultry and veg and also save on the gas by making more meals in one go. I get so tired of thinking about what we are going to eat and by doing this I should at least have a week where I don't have to :-) I do enjoy trying new things and looking through recipe books to create the menus but the pleasure is taken away from it as it normally happens in a rush the night before I need to go shopping. I am a week ahead of myself now and should be able to take my time to find recipes and meal ideas so it becomes a much more enjoyable process... That's the plan ;-))  It will require a level of organisation though and I need to check the menu each day to ensure I have all the ingredients..... I will let you know how it goes :-)

Amy is staying over tonight and also tomorrow night. We are aiming to get our tree on Sunday morning before we head off to my sisters for Lunch with them. A lovely family friend and her son and his new fiance will also be there. Amy is joining us too :-)

A busy weekend full of friends and Family to look forward to :-)

Hope your weekend is a great one.
xxxx





No comments: