"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Saturday 3 December 2011

Saturday....

Twenty to eight at night and today hasn't finished yet!
Down and out yesterday with a Migraine and then I didn't get to sleep until after two. I woke with a start at 5.00 and thought I heard laughter. I was sure the girls were still awake. I couldn't believe it and I took my earplugs out and listened but heard nothing. I decided to look in on them and sure enough they were snoring and sound asleep. Got back into bed and tossed and turned for another hour before I managed to sleep again :-( I felt lousy when the alarm went off at eight...
I woke the girls when I finally rolled myself out of bed at 8.30

Strangely as the morning wore on I found myself feeling more and more energetic :-) I ate and then made the girls eggy bread before whizzing round with the vacuum, washing up and getting a shower. We were all ready to go at 10.00 which was earlier than we had anticipated.

On to Carlisle to do some shopping :-)
 If you are looking for some gifts or cards or a wide range of Christmas decorations you could take a look in a fantastic little shop just near the nativity scene.
Alternative is a beautiful little shop, jam packed with goodies - they have also opened a Christmas shop just over the road brimming with festive delights :-)
Shameless plug for my baby sister and her hubby :-))) 



We arrived home late afternoon. Al had been at work til 2.00 and got back from walking Beauty just after us. I took the opportunity to wrap some pressies whilst the girls - Amy ably assisted by Milly :-) -  decided to make fairy cakes and rocky road' Alan cleaned the bathroom and then went to bed for an hour:-)
I prepped some garlic cheesy bread and pasta to add to the bolognese sauce I had made yesterday.
Once they had eaten it was time to get ready and they have now gone to the cinema with Alan. They are happy to go in to the film on their own so Alan doesn't have to go in with them and is going to do a little window shopping and wait. He has the daily paper and supplements so that will help pass the time with a cuppa :-)

I have a table full of presents to wrap - not tonight but I hope to get them finished tomorrow.


The table also has the Easter tree ( branches from the garden sprayed gold that we had decorated with coloured paper eggs ) on it... Milly wanted to keep it up ( on top of the bookcase in the sun room ) and it has been catching dust since then :-) It is now to be transformed into a Christmas tree and sits in the middle of the table with boxes of glitter, coloured card and glittery pipe cleaners and ready for inspiration to strike ;-)

There is washing to be hung,
 chocolate fudge cakes ( to take to my sisters tomorrow ) cooling, then they will be ready to be iced .... 


and - after all the baking and meal making -  this


to clear - for the fourth time.
And miraculously ( a real novelty for me ) I actually have the energy to finish it!!
Would be nice if this energy could hang around a while - I could get used to it :-)
 

No comments: