"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 4 December 2011

Easy like Sunday morning....

Today looked a little like this...

A slow and easy start to the day, Alan brought me a cup of herbal tea and - after I had prized my eyes open - we had a chat about plans for the day and what we hoped to achieve. We had a lot we wanted to pack in. We are trying to get on top of all the Xmas preparations so that - hopefully - next Sunday we will have all the gifts bought and wrapped. We also want to get as much food prep done for the big day as possible. Mum,Dad, two Sisters, Brother in laws and most gorgeous Nephew are all coming here for Christmas lunch.  Alan and I talked about how to make it all as easy and stress free as possible. They are all a great help though and it is very much a combined effort. We generally all take elements of the meal so one might do the nibbles/starter one might do all the veg and one might make the puddings. I have a recipe from Jamie Oliver for gravy to make ahead and freeze and then on the day I just need to add the turkey juices. I am going to par boil spuds and freeze them so they can just be roasted. Bread sauce will also be done prior to the day I am sure there will be many other ways we can get ahead of the game too.

After breakfast Alan walked Beauty and I woke the girls. Actually Amy was already awake and reading in bed, Milly was still snoring away :-) They had enjoyed Breaking Dawn immensely and went to bed early - for them - about 11.30 - I didn't hear a peep out of them when I went up at 12. Apparently they had gone straight to sleep - must have been all that walking and fresh air doing the Christmas shopping ;-)
Having spent time talking and making plans for the day I decided to change them! It made more sense for me to go for the Xmas tree by myself and that way we wouldn't have to be in such a rush to get to my sisters. I headed off in the car to the place ( five minutes away ) we have bought our tree for the last ten years or so. I pulled up saw a tree on display and it was perfect size and shape it was bagged and in the car within five minutes :-) That has never happened before - we normally have to hold and size up many before we find the one :-)

Back home and showers for us all before we headed off to my Sisters where we enjoyed a really lovely meal with fantastic company :-) 

Back home - again - and Amy wrapped a few presents she had bought yesterday before we had to say goodbye. Loved having you hun... see you soon :-)

Then the Christmas music went on, some dancing was done and the tree was dressed. A couple of hours later and a whizz with the vacuum and a duster and the living room is chritmasified :-)


Milly watched some Buffy. Alan did some ironing whilst watching TV. I wrapped some more presents and organised those that need to be posted or in the case of the gift for our homeopath ( and a special gift for her son ) delivered to the office before her last day of appointments. I missed it last year so determined they get them before Xmas this year.

A late tea of soup for Alan and I and bacon, egg, and toast for Milly.
Milly is now playing with monster high dolls and has been down for string and various other implements and has a zip wire, ladders and rope ladders across the top of the stairs!
Limbo on the way up to bed then ;-))


 

No comments: