"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 23 December 2007

Visitors, openness and vulnerability....

I have had some blog visitors and that has given me mixed feelings!!!
I had an initial frisson of excitement ( not felt that for a while HA HA )which was followed by a feeling of vulnerability.I am putting my thoughts out there for anyone who is interested and I suppose I felt a bit naked, so to speak....

I do intend this to be an open account of what we are going through and I love the process of writing, it really seems to be helping to consolidate my thoughts in a way thinking alone hasn't done.I suppose it's natural to feel a little vulnerable and I imagine that will pass with time.

We are gearing up to the big day now, Milly's excitement levels appear contained but in reality she is bubbling and her behaviour is getting into the giddy realms, wouldn't it be great to feel that way again?

We went out for lunch today to a local pub and had our first Christmas lunch and then we came home and Emily and Alan took Beauty out for an hour and half whilst I wrapped like a demon and managed to get most of the presents out of the way.
They then sat and watched the Great Escape on TV,whilst I finished off. Milly got in the bath with me afterwards and said she would of liked to of helped me wrapping and I asked why she hadn't come through and she said "cos it would of hurt daddy's heart"
She had been keen to watch the film with him , it was a long film and she had got bored but hadn't wanted to hurt his feelings.She is so sensitive to hurting others and she obviously felt that he would of felt abandoned if she had left him!!!!
She has always had this caring side to her nature whilst still having a real grasp of what her needs are and being able to get them met.
School really interfered with that ability and set her back a lot.I think one of the major downsides of school for a child like Emily is that they are so sensitive to meeting the needs of others and trying to do the best for everyone that they have nothing left for themselves and they get out of balance emotionally.I am not always able to put what I mean into coherent sentences but I hope you get what I mean!!

The drawing frenzy has passed over now and the period of consolidation that seems to happen is here again. She has been watching more TV, this could also be excitement playing it's part in her inability to think of anything else to do.
She has also decided to set up a blog, (I have a link on the right if any other children would be interested) It is early days but she has enjoyed the process and thank god I had gone through some of the glitches setting this one up as we still managed to come a cropper on various things and the little (minuscule) experience I had helped to get through them easier. I don't know if she will carry it on, time will tell....
One thing that setting up this blog has done is to teach me first hand how much a person can learn about a subject when they have an interest/passion and how much easier that is achieved if it is of their own volition.I still have a lot to learn but I know that if I really want to do it I will find a way.I really don't need someone to teach me,most of the time I have learnt through trial and error keeping at it and having the time to do that ,it would be helpful to have someone just to be there when I ask for help to point me in the right direction.
As adults I think we take for granted that is how we learn and that is because usually if there is something we are interested in we are in the driving seat, so if you allow a child in the driving seat of their vehicle what happens????

I may not post again before Christmas day so to those of you that drop by,
HAVE A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.SEE YOU IN 2008.......

1 comment:

Dani said...

Happy Christmas to you too! Thanks very much for your kind comment on our blog. P. perked up a bit in the evening after pretty much a whole day asleep, so we are cautiously optimistic for a better day tomorrow.

Nice to meet you, anyway!