"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Friday 25 April 2008

Den habits,science mishaps and another sleepover.


Milly was in her den a few nights ago,this den is under a lovely shrub near the fence between our garden and the neighbours.The shrub is so large and there is a cavity underneath where she can set up her little hideaway, she takes out our fabric box and lays them out on the ground,when you look in you can see the beautiful furs and satins and silky materials it is like the inside of a well appointed Bedouin tent:-))She takes cushions and there is even a conveniently positioned branch so she can hang her bag on and she will get in there and snuggle down sometimes drawing, sometimes with a friend,sometimes under a blanket just thinking and relaxing.Last time she was under there our neighbour saw her and was chatting to her and gave her a lovely red frilly tulip, today Milly noticed that it had opened right up and I suggested she might like to take a photo of it, and here it is.....

We have had a day at home today and managed a couple of science experiments, I had looked for simple things to do in the Usborne pocket science books but Milly had meant she wanted to do some from the chemistry kit she got for Christmas so that is what we did.Food science experiments followed making a FEHLINGS solution to test for the presence of sugar using the spirit burner, just followed the instructions but ended up with a blackened test tube, I fear we went one step too far!!!Milly held the test tube with the tongs this time though and wasn't put off with the first attempt so we went on to do one more experiment and then called it a day.I think she would have enjoyed the ones I had lined up for us but perhaps another day.

We drew together and chatted and had another Daemon meeting(quite a lengthy one as Milly really got into this one) and my daemon Chimung has been told to change shape at least once a day for his own well being,whenever Milly asks me during the day what Chimung is I always say monkey as I am usually not in the right zone and forget she likes them to change hence the new ruling!!!! Just got to get a few options in my head now so as not to disappoint when I am next interrogated;-))

As I was on the phone to my sister ,poor old Strudle the donkey is going to be put to sleep some time over the next few days awwwww :-( Milly drew a fabulous picture of a turtle(our friend M bought her a velvety soft toy turtle at the aquarium yesterday) I would put a picture up but she wants to keep that one private.I was really impressed with the detail and the speed she drew it,when Milly was at school and for a long time afterwards she tended to draw the same thing for a very long time, you know fairy's, mermaids so on.As her confidence has grown she is tackling all sorts of subjects sometimes with frustration but mainly just having a go and it makes me so happy to see.She also did a canvas acrylic painting of the turtle in the sea which she wants to send to her friends Aunt and her girlfriend as an engagement present.

I did the shopping online while Milly listened to (you guessed it) a Lemony Snicket story CD and practised her cutting and other bits and bobs.Then we picked up A for tea which has now turned into another sleepover,I am a sucker for puppy eyes and hands clasped pleading;-)) They are watching Stardust at present having spent time at the park and lots of time "just chatting" in the bedroom on the mattresses on the floor in Milly's room.

Tomorrow our plan is to get the toy storage boxes down from Milly's room and sort them out, oh joy, what a way to spend a day.Plans can and do change easily though this job has been put off so many times over the last three weeks.......

No comments: