"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 24 April 2008

Thursday Treat.

We have had an excellent day today.We met up with an old friend who has known Emily since she was 8 months old and is like another grandmother to her.We took her out for lunch to the Aquarium.I picked her up and drove, she always sits in the back with Emily and chats away to her.

When we got there she asked me to sit down at the table whilst she ordered the food and then asked if Emily would like to help her.So the two of them went up and I could see that the lady behind the counter was speaking to Emily but couldn't hear what she said.Emily came back first and when M came back she was beaming.She said the lady had asked Emily if she was enjoying her day off school(teachers strike)and Emily had answered that she didn't go to school but was home educated and had then helped M to remember what was to be ordered for food and had thanked the lady.The reason M was beaming was because the lady behind the counter had commented how polite and well behaved Emily was and what a pleasant change it was.

We had lunch and went round the Aquarium and managed to see an octopus in the process of eating a crab, it was right up against the glass and we got a great view,pretty nasty way to go though, being injected with poison which turns you to a soup, then been sucked out of your shell!!!

I dropped Milly off to spend some time with M and picked her up later on, she didn't want to come home,the two of them had had a great time.We have arranged that Emily will spend alternate Thursdays with M and my sister on the other.

We got home and Milly went on her swing while Al dug up a load of shrubs from the side garden where we are extending the veg plot and transplanted them in the back garden.

I haven't had photo's on for a while,so I thought I would share a few random ones with you.

This is one of Milly today before we went out to pick up M. She had put on glitter lip gloss and some blusher and was looking very funky with her hat on.



She is holding a girl she had drawn called charly,she had painstakingly cut round the drawing as I read The last part of The mill girl to her this morning.



Here is a close up of Charly



Some time ago I had tried to get a bed cover made for Beauty's bed using Milly's miniature sewing machine but the thing wouldn't work properly;-( Last time my Mum (who spent many years as a seamstress making wedding dresses)was here she discovered it was because the cotton wasn't going through a certain hoop and the cotton was breaking.So it's fixed and I have been busy making said dog bed cover.Kinda proud of myself it has to be said;-))




Milly typing out a note one day this week still in her pj's but with the added touch of fingerless gloves!!!

No comments: