"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 17 April 2008

Friends worth their weight in gold....

Bit sluggish today after a busy day yesterday and a late night watching The Apprentice and then some blog browsing.

Off to the food coop to help out and had a good natter while Emily had a good play,we hardly saw each other and we were in the same space!! Her and her little friend were up in the attic area playing Harry Potter and played beautifully and happily together.

Home for lunch and then on to drop Emily off at my sisters for a couple of hours, where they were going to finish off the blanket they had started a couple of weeks ago with a scene on the front of a rabbit in a spring garden,using felt and glue so no sewing today.They also managed a trip to the park and a walk to the shop and my sister read to her from a lovely book with classic tales in a comic form, they read Oliver twist and Emily wanted to continue on to A tale of two cities, so they will read that next time.

I picked her up from my sisters and dropped her off at best friend A's house for tea and left them as they were about to walk to the park together.We started letting them go off to the park in the village last summer and they really love the little Independence it gives them.I came home and had a cuppa and chat with Al( two uninterrupted chats in two days ,not often that happens now Milly is going to bed later!!) before he went out to paint yet more of the garden furniture,I think this was the last lounger he had to do.He has gone out for a walk with Beauty and I am prepping tea and writing out the menu's for next week and a shopping list,well obviously not right now, cos I decided a break was in order and thought I would get a post done early again.

When Emily was at my sisters I sent a few e mails and got a few jobs done and then I phoned a friend, she is a lady who helped us out when Emily was younger and I had Post Natal Depression on top of the Chronic Fatigue.She volunteers for Barnardos and they have a scheme to help in the home and she came to us when Emily was eight months old and stayed until she went to nursery,when she had to officially finish.She helped out 3 times a week for a couple of hours a time,she always stayed past the time she was due to leave and gave me so much more than time to rest, she taught me what it means to be a Mum.I adore her. Emily and her have a fabulous relationship.She would not thank me for broadcasting her age but she is past retirement age and is the most elegant woman I know, she seems to have boundless energy and just adores children and most important really respects children.Her working life has been spent as a teacher,she came into my life when I really needed a friend and I am glad to say she still is and teaches me something every time I get together with her,she is supportive and encouraging loving and kind and boosts my self esteem enormously, what more could I ask for ;-))We have not seen enough of each other recently and are getting together next Thursday for lunch,Emily wants to take her to the Aquarium and to have lunch there.

Time is getting on now, I have started the prawn Thai red curry for tea and will go and pick Milly up at 6.45 and then Al and I will eat.Not too sure what is happening tonight,I was hoping to get out in the garden for a short while ( after a slow start my energy levels are remarkably high just now, the massage has really helped I think) but as it is pouring down it is more likely we will play a game or something,Come dine with me is on tonight and Emily likes that so we may end up watching that at eight......

2 comments:

Stacie said...

your friend/mentor sounds like a gem of a lady. you are lucky!

Lynn said...

I am lucky Stacie, even though things have not always been easy I have always thought of myself as lucky person, I try to see the silver lining in the clouds that pass over and so far in my life there has always been one :-))