"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 16 May 2012


I forgot to mention that I had been on the Ice blast!!!

I hate to be a party pooper and I had said that I would go on one ride with them - not into roller coasters and twirly things as they make me feel so sick and the adrenalin rush would have floored me :-)
That meant that I was fairly limited as to what ride it could be :-) 
The Revolution ( I had been on that last year ) was closed. I was grateful as I really hadn't enjoyed the walk up the high tower to the ride. I kept my eyes closed the whole time on the ride !! 
So that left the ice blast..
180 ft in the air!!!

I was ok about it until we got in the que. They were both very encouraging and said "don't worry you sit in the middle and we will talk to you and help you through." 
I said ok but what if I feel sick. 
Well they both went pale at the thought and all of a sudden decided it would be best if I sat at the edge and they had a seat in between us ;-))) 

I was assured by both the people strapping us in that I would be fine and that there was nothing to it ;-) 

The girls said they would tell me when it was ready to go and I asked them not too and actually not to talk to me at all and allow me to just lay back and breathe.

That is exactly what I did. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths and was remarkably calm :-) 

I obviously felt the enormous acceleration as we were catapulted up the tower into the sky, but I kept my eyes closed the whole time :-) 

I was only a little shaken when we got off ! We went to view the picture and it was sooo funny.. There was me with my head back and my eyes closed looking as if I was meditating, Milly was looking over towards me with concern worrying that I was going to be sick, and Amy was whooping with joy at the thrill of the ride :-) 

Wish I had bought it now but I do think £6 is steep for a picture...

It does bring a smile to my face when I think of the image though :-)) 

I would go on it again and might even open my eyes next time :-) 

No comments: