"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 31 May 2012

Last minute Birthday cake :-)


Alan's birthday today... He was at work so last night Milly displayed all his cards and presents on the island unit for him to find when he got up for work :-) 

I had to get up at 8 to wait for a delivery driver to drop off a new enclosure for the trampoline. The net had started to come apart at the seams but a quick call to Argos and they arranged for a replacement. Impressed with the service:-) 

I have had the dining room bookcases on my list of jobs to do for months. They need a sort out.. They actually need a good clear out but I haven't got the space to store the books/games we no longer need so it is better to keep them tidily on the bookcase and weed them out form there to sell or pass on to friends :-) 

I have put it off for so long and today - although I felt less like it than ever - I decided to tackle it by breaking it down instead of it being such a mammoth task. Initially I decided I would just start with one section....That worked and in the end I did one bookcase ;-)) Three more big ones to go but I will tackle them in the same way one step at a time :-)) 

We had an appointment with lovely Rezwana for Milly. This involved me driving us both without Alan guiding me Eeeeek....

My deep breathing and meditation technique came in handy and  I managed to keep a lid on my nerves.
It was jerky and a tad uncontrolled at times but we got there and back in one piece :-) 

Back home and we realised we hadn't got a cake for Alan! 

Cue online search for a simple Victoria sponge and the two of us whipped it up and had hoped to have it ready and cooled by the time he got home. He had left work early though and it was still in the oven when he arrived home!
Once it had cooled we added whipped cream and jam. We hadn't bought candles but Milly improvised with some from my 50th and three blue ones to make the 53 years for Alan ;-)  
It was delicious. 



Alan took the girls to Drama and I made us a meal - oven roast Salmon, noodles stir fried with ginger, garlic, sweetcorn and oven roast tomatoes then drizzled with sweet chili sauce - to eat when he returned.
I had a glass of wine which had an immediate effect and I felt quite squiffy ;-)

I have been on a juice detox - Jason Vale juice yourself slim - and have just started adding in evening meals. I have lost weight and enjoyed the juices and smoothies so I am going to continue taking it day by day and see how it goes. The main reason for me doing it is because the benefits to the symptoms of  M.E have been quite significant for some people who have changed their diet so I hope this turns out to be the case for me. Will keep you posted :-)


No comments: