"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 25 October 2009

Hearty autumn soup.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the recipes I have been using from weightwatchers.Just had a lovely thick warming soup for lunch and thought I would share it:-)

This is my version of the recipe.The wightwatchers one uses curry powder and spray oil for a no point soup but I prefer the paste as I think it gives a deeper flavour and  I count my version as one point.

1 butternut squash peeled and chopped into small cubes
2 red onions peeled and quartered
mix in a large bowl with a couple teaspoons of dried rosemary and a tablespoon of olive oil
spread onto a roasting tray and bake in the oven (around 190 in my fan oven) for 45 mins,
dont worry if it browns a bit this will add to the flavour.

When cooked, place in a saucepan.I then mix stock using veg stock cubes and a couple of tablespoons of Pataks balti paste.The amount of stock varies depending on the size of squash but I put in enough to cover the veg by a couple of inches.Bring to the boil and then simmer for a round 20 mins,blitz with a hand blender and enjoy:-)

Will add some more at a later date.I am making a pearl barley chicken rissoto tonight, so if it is any good I will add it here xx

4 comments:

Sam said...

Sounds tasty. Thanks for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm sounds really nice, i'll have to try it!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs xx
Pat

globeonmytable said...

I love the idea of adding some Patak's paste, mmm.

Lynn said...

Hope you all enjoy if you try it:-) xx