"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday 3 March 2008

Animal farm.

We normally spend Mondays at home but had decided to get a yearly pass for a nearby small animal farm and today was as good a day as any to go and get it, so after some chuntering from Emily about wanting to stay at home we set off around 11.30 and had a fabulous time.

Not sure if the message is getting through to her yet,there is a pattern of not wanting to go anywhere but then going and having a wonderful time, maybe in time it will sink in!!It is a little bit of a guessing game when she is actually making a decision based on something other than not wanting to brush hair and get dressed:)

Here are a few pics,

You may have to click on, Milly and dog as the sole inhabitants of the soft play area.

We adore the meercats, so much character..

Flat Stanley in front of a Raccoon cage.


This fellow put on a spectacular show as we entered the park.Emily was desperate to find a feather.

We had time in the soft play after spending time with the reptiles and small monkeys and were heading for lunch but saw that the tractor ride was heading off so got on the trailer and had a good but bumpy ride around the park and then a quick lunch before the Lemur feeding and talk,only us and a couple with a baby in a buggy there to listen.The young girl was very informative and stayed for some time giving us lots of info but lost Milly about 2/3 of the way in, as there were so few of us it seemed rude to walk away so we hovered until she ran out of steam and thanked her as she drew breath and then moved on to find Milly's favourite Lynx.We also managed to fit in the reptile talk and got to meet some snakes and a skink .Milly was really keen on the snakes.We will get a great deal from having a pass and as Milly's new career path is to be a zoo keeper(so she gets to stroke the animals) we will be regular visitors....

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Sounds cool! I've never seen a meercat. Not even at a zoo.

I'm like that too. I don't want to go places, but once I get there, I'm glad I did. So maybe she'll never outgrow it, but hopefully in time realize that it's something she needs to deal with. I still have my hermit days though!