"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Thursday 21 May 2009

Sofa turned out well!!

The sofa that used to be an Aubergine colour has turned out quite well.Not quite the dark chocolate I had wanted, but close enough.I could have ordered more dye(new dylon machine dye with no salt needed) and I would think it would have gone darker but to be honest I just wanted it finished(impatient me?) and back on, out of the way.It was a devil to get dry as the weather was so awful!!



I had to use pre dye and that meant it had to be washed at a high temperature and I was really concerned it would shrink as they weren't washable covers.I had decided it was worth a risk and thankfully it has paid off,although they shrunk a little bit it's not noticeable.

3 comments:

stefndawniy said...

gosh you're brave, and hasn't it turned out well :-)

stefndawniy said...

Lynn I'm making our life here private and i'd like to sen you an invite, what email address should I send it to?

dawniy xx

Shirl said...

O look, a lovely flump-able sofa. Great job ... :0)