"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 10 May 2009

A lovely sunny Sunday...

I woke at around 8 with the start of a headache so went down to get pills.Al was out,he had said last night that if the weather was good he was going to head off early to walk Beauty, he couldn't decide if it would be hills or beach:-)

I sat with a cuppa and then put the radio on and started to put away the pots from last night.I was soon singing and dancing along as I tidied around and then had breakfast.Milly snoozed on.

Al arrived back around 10 just after Milly had woken up.Milly watched a bit of TV while I had a shower and Al had his breakfast,he had chosen to go to the beach and had also stopped off at a car boot sale and found himself a pair of hedge trimmers for a pound,he does love a bargain:-)

Milly came upstairs and began to get dressed.Milly really likes her pjs and would not normally get dressed willingly or without being asked,however this was an outfit that her new charachter Oxford would wear and she had intended to go out to play as her!!



Within minutes she was back in to say that her and Dad were going out for a walk as soon as he had tested his hedge trimmers(they did work)They decided against taking Beauty this time.

So I quickly packed up a sandwich and drinks, Milly got changed and off they went to Rannerdale to see the fields of blubells.A really big draw was a tree she could climb that they found on thier last visit:-)

I was not up to going with them today,instead of moping around feeling sorry for myself I decided to tackle the living room.We had sold the sideboard that was full of clutter.I had been putting off sorting it while it was still in the sideboard, but as it was now out of the sideboard all over the floor it really needed to be done.(looking at these pictures it doesn't seem to look too bad?)






I knew I would have to take my time so I put Blondie on utube and set to.The only problem is that after a while you end up with piles of stuff in other rooms as well!!Eventually I had things sorted into piles and placed in the rooms they were going to be kept in or in the big pile of rubbish.I also had a lot of things to store in the spare bedroom until we have our garage sale sometime in August.




Some things were easy to find new homes for.




Other things had to sit about for quite a while till I could jiggle things around.Some of these have still not found a home:-(




I had just about finished sorting out the worst of it when the wanderers arrived home with tales of walking up hills, climbing trees,getting a big scratch when getting stuck and having to swing down off said tree!! Paddling in streams and talking to a young girl who was diving with her parents.Forgot to ask what the bluebells looked like!!

Emily was straight out into the garden and that's where the rest of the beautiful sunny afternoon has been spent.Swinging and some time spent just dreaming,(notice back in pjs)



Alan did some weeding and I slowly finished off the room.Beauty did lot's of this.



I made tea and then we all sat out near the fire and ate then played cards, while I played patience Emily groomed Beauty,chatted,and generally had a nice time:-)

Alan is watching George Gently on Tv, Milly is watching Arthur on the laptop and I am going to finish up here and lay on the sofa with a book.Night night xx

5 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Hi Lynn:

I love her outfit...and the blue guitar behind her ;-) I enjoy reading about how you foster your daughter's individuality. Wish more people would.

Lisa G said...

Lynn,so your rooms do get untidy sometimes.....lol!

Lynn said...

Thanks SE'LAH XX

Lisa,
LOL.I can promise you this house does not always look picture perfect ;-)

Shirl said...

Lovely photos and I completely sympathise with moving clutter from one room to the next; I'm doing the same thing myself at the mo lol!

Lynn said...

to mum i love you im sind in as you i finck but i love you